David Bohlken, John Dailey, Lauren Tafoya, Todd Stout, Connie Hodsdon, Parker Bautner, Darlene Loo-McDowell, Bonnie Mcinturf, Kathy Marshburn
The meeting was called to order at 8:03PM EST
The minutes from the October 21, 2019 meeting were reviewed and approved
Treasurers report was reviewed and approved.
• No committee reports at this time
• It was motioned that a vote of thanks be made to Kathy Marshburn for the fantastic job she did on planning and executing a great trip to Belize
• IBBA Conference dates have been selected for November 5-8, 2020.
• It was decided that the 2020 IBBA Conference will be held in Oklahoma at David’s farm. Kathy Marshburn will coordinate and finalize conference logistics.
• The River Spirit Casino will be explored as the place for lodging as it is a 15 minute drive from the farm.
• Discussion on transportation from the Casino to the farm and catering options were explored. David’s farm has facility to support catering from a vendor.
• A discussion on potential field trip locations was held. David presented several possibilities for Field trips, the Tall Grass Prairies, the Pioneer Woman Store, Cultural Center and a hands on Oil Field Reclamation.
• An announcement of the date and the location of the 2020 conference with preliminary details needs to be added to the IBBA web site.
• A request for board members to assist with the planning was made and a planning meeting will be held in the near future. Connie Hodsdon will coordinate with Kathy Marshburn for a “Go to Meeting” conference call.
Lauren raised a discussion regarding the IBBA supporting Tropical Wings. Tropical Wings is one of the farm locations visited on the trip, they focus their presentations to school groups and on educating the general public on the necessity of preserving the rain forests of Belize. Lauren will follow up by contacting them to discuss how best we might support their efforts.
It was again suggested that attendance at the next Funeral Directors conference be explored.
• It has been decided that the next IBBA excursion be to Costa Rica on November 6-14 2021. Kathy Marshburn will again lead in the coordination of the trip.
• IBBA needs to continue to follow information on the retirement of Wayne, the consensus of opinion is that the IBBA needs to be on a firm footing with the new person that will replace him.
• It was reported that Red Admirals have been released by the USDA for shipment anywhere in the US.
• The election of officers will be held in January. David, the current president, is retiring from the board. John Dailey the current VP will move into the president position.
• According to the bylaws there need to be at least 5 people on the IBBA Board.
Education Program Videos:
• It was suggested that expansion of the current How to Videos be explored. Some of the topics suggested were: propagating hard woods, soft cuttings, seeds, and vines and cross contamination.
• John Dailey suggested a review of the costs incurred to create education videos be done, then structure and draft a budget for educational components to add to the existing educational library.
Meeting adjourned at 9:24 PM EST